[dnsdist] dnsdist general question

Federico Olivieri lvrfrc87 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 15:51:40 UTC 2016

I everybody,

Going through the dsndist README i found the makekey() command as first
thing to run dsndist. However, is not clear to me why this step is needed
(my dnsdist run without it) Can you please help to understand that?

Also, when I try to put dnsdist in client mode from daemon mode, I get this
error

root at raspberrypi:~# dnsdist --client
Read configuration from '/etc/dnsdist/dnsdist.conf'
Added downstream server 0.0.0.0:0
Added downstream server 0.0.0.0:0
Added downstream server 0.0.0.0:0
Connecting to 127.0.0.1:5199
Fatal error: connecting socket to 127.0.0.1:5199: Connection refused

I tried different combination with mi IP address as
root at raspberrypi:~# dnsdist --local=172.16.0.2:53 --client
root at raspberrypi:~# dnsdist --local=172.16.0.2:53 --client

But same result.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Federico