[dnsdist] DNSdist vs Recursor statistics

Alejandro Adroher Mellado alejandro.adroher at omniaccess.com
Fri Feb 26 08:42:12 UTC 2016

Morning all!!

Maybe any of yours did something like that in the past. I have 3 dnsdist on three recursors, all load balanced.
I would like if there is a good way to take statistics from recursor like the dnsdist does.
I know how to get dnsdist stats from client to a file. But I’m not looking for this statistics coming from the balanced layer, I want it from recursor.

The pdns recursosr stats from rec_control didn’t get me the topStats I want.

I mean, how to get topRemotes, topClients, topResponses … from  recursor layer?
Maybe there is a way to script this.

Can anyone help me on that?

Thanks!!