[dnsdist] Marking downstream Unexplained

Remi Gacogne remi.gacogne+dnsdist at powerdns.com
Thu Apr 7 11:48:11 UTC 2016

Hi Alejandro,

On 04/07/2016 11:14 AM, Alejandro Adroher Mellado wrote:
> Following this thread, when I create a rule to forward queries from
> Amazon servers (200 QPS)to my Abuse Pool makes my abuse server become
> unstable.
>
> I have enabled maxCheckFailures=5 but the issue persist.
>
> Anyone knows how to deal with this?

You can get more information on what makes the health check fail by
setting setVerboseHealthChecks(true)

It won't fix your issue, of course, but it might give you a hint on what
is going on. You could also capture the traffic, for example with
tcpdump, to see if and how the backend responds to the health check.