[dnsdist] dnsdist for ubuntu 14 lts

Martin Kyrc martin.kyrc at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 23:02:13 UTC 2015

hello all,
I'd like to use dnsdist in my ubuntu-server 14 lts installation.
I try to find some infos about deb package/compiling to deb package for
this ubuntu release, but without success.

I have found repo.powerdns.com, there is package for debian (jessie). I
tried to use it for my installation (ubuntu trusty), but there are some
dependency problems:

  dnsdist : Depends: libsodium13 (>= 0.6.0) but it is not installable
            Depends: libstdc++6 (>= 4.9) but 4.8.2-19ubuntu1 is to be
installed
            Depends: init-system-helpers (>= 1.18~) but 1.14 is to be
installed

^^ all of these packages are located in ubuntu server 'vivid' (15.x, not
LTS)

Is it possible to install dnsdist to ubuntu 'trusty' (14 LTS)? Is there
any apt resource for my release?

Thank you for any helpful infos,
martin