[Pdns-users] Authoritative server (v4.1.3) crashes on zone creation via API when too many rrsets included

Remi Gacogne remi.gacogne at powerdns.com
Wed Aug 1 12:43:09 UTC 2018

Hi Jordan,

On 08/01/2018 01:19 AM, Jordan Rieger wrote:
> We are currently working around the bug by creating all new zones with
> only the root SOA and NS records and then updating them with a PATCH to
> add the other records. Do you think that’s safe? Or would it be better
> to upgrade to 4.1.4 as soon as it’s released?

It depends very much on the records you are adding with the PATCH. While
not very likely, I believe it's still possible to trigger the same issue
with a separate PATCH call because the records are processed by the same
function, so my advice would be to upgrade as soon as 4.1.4 is
available. I don't have a release date for 4.1.4 at the moment,
unfortunately.

Best regards,
--
Remi Gacogne