[Pdns-users] rectify-zone on non DNSSEC domains

Martin Chandler mchandler at aventer.net
Thu Jan 29 06:45:25 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am running a PowerDNS hidden master behind BIND dns servers serving to
the public.

We have a mix of DNSSEC secure zones, and non-secure zones.

My question is do I have to 'rectify-zone' on the non-secure zones?
(does Powerdns still need the auth and ordername for non-secure zones?)

We have one particular non-secure zone that is very big (360000+
records), and rectify-zone takes a long time and causes load average to
go up on the DB server.

Thanks for any advice.

Regards,
Martin