[Pdns-users] When was ordername column added to records table?

Christian Hofstaedtler christian.hofstaedtler at deduktiva.com
Thu Feb 19 21:05:54 UTC 2015

ordername was added in 3.0, as part of the DNSSEC schema upgrade. (see https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/blob/auth-3.0/pdns/dnssec.schema.pgsql.sql )

> […] The ALTER TABLE will only apply to previously existing
> tables, not create the needed new ones.

The upgrade SQL scripts in general add/modify tables and columns.

The instructions for upgrading to 3.4.0 include consolidated update scripts, see https://doc.powerdns.com/md/authoritative/upgrading/#database-schema .
Pick the backend and schema type you currently have (if you come from 2.9.22, it’s always the ‘non-dnssec’ type), and you’ll end up with the correct schema.

Best,
--
Christian Hofstaedtler / Deduktiva GmbH (FN 418592 b, HG Wien)
www.deduktiva.com / +43 1 353 1707