[Pdns-users] PDNS does not send info for reverse DNS

abang abang at t-ipnet.net
Tue Sep 30 09:59:11 UTC 2014

Hi Bart-Jan,

Am 30.09.2014 10:42, schrieb Bart-Jan van Hummel:
> I am running DNS on a physical machine on Debian 7.6|
> The requests are comming from Mac OS X.
> The routers I use are Draytec which are connected with VPN IPSec
>
> So I did not yet use VirtualBox. I will try to see if I can find more
> about the l--natdnsproxy  maybe Debian is doing something different.
>
> I just now see that all requests I do on the DNS are registered in the
> syslog, accept for the one which does not respond...

Unfortunatley I have no experience with VPN and Draytek. But I guess the
cause of your problem is in the Draytek/VPN configuration. I think you
didn't see the queries on the DNS Server because they never arrive.
Maybe the Draytek box does redirect them or the built-in Draytek DNS
Server is responding.

> maybe Debian is doing something different

Debian and PowerDNS works well in general.

Winfried