[Pdns-users] Building PDNS Debian Package from Source

Dharmesh cutedharmesh at gmail.com
Mon May 5 04:18:58 UTC 2014

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 5:00 PM, Wijatmoko U. Prayitno <koko at crypto.my.id>wrote:

> On Fri, 2 May 2014 15:50:10 +0530
> Dharmesh <cutedharmesh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > After doing the changes, the package was build successfully but after
> > installation, powerdns server was not able to start as it was
> > searching for libgpgsqlbackend.so file
> > in /usr/lib/powerdns/libgpgsqlbackend.so whereas as this file is
> > present in /pdns/lib/powerdns/libgpgsqlbackend.so
> >
> # echo "/pdns/lib/powerdns" > /etc/ld.so.conf.d/pdns.conf
>
> And run ldconfig, it should work now.

Its still giving me the same error. Following error occurs when i run pdns
in monitor mode

 Unable to load module '/usr/lib/powerdns/libgpgsqlbackend.so':
/usr/lib/powerdns/libgpgsqlbackend.so: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory

Since the so file is present at /pdns/lib/libgpgsqlbackend.so so what
changes i need to do  in order to make pdns aware of this path.

Also the path of pdns.conf file is not getting changed. pdns is still
taking the path of config file as /etc/powerdns/pdns.conf irrespective of
the fact that during the build, the rules file in debian-pdns was modified
with providing the correct path in ./configure --sysconfdir=/pdns

regards.

Dharmesh Kumar
Research Engineer
Center for Development of Telematics