[Pdns-users] please help with strange insert sql query during zone-transfer

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Mon Apr 28 16:29:41 UTC 2014

Hello Daniel,

On 28 Apr 2014, at 16:11 , Daniel Funke <daniel at dhag.net> wrote:

> thank you for your quick response. I know I could change my shema to allow null in the type column, but I'm interested to find out, what kind of zone data in the source zone could cause this entry and why I cant find the used query statement in any documentation.

type=NULL happens when there are empty non-terminals in the zone. For example, if a zone ‘example.com’ has an entry ‘a.b.example.com’ but no b.example.com, we need to synthesise b.example.com without any types - hence the NULL.

As for the query, our documentation is incomplete about those. Please run pdns_server --launch=gpgsql --config to see all queries.

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk
Netherlabs Computer Consulting BV - http://www.netherlabs.nl/