[Pdns-users] Split horizon possible with powerdns

Daniel L. Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Fri Mar 15 18:16:22 UTC 2013

On 3/14/2013 11:26 AM, Jan-Piet Mens wrote:
>> I sm wondering if split horizon can be configured with powercns so that
>> intetnal as well as external users can get a separate ips?
> If you're talking about PowerDNS Authoritative, the answer is 'no'. If
> you mean PowerDNS Recursor, the answer is 'maybe': you could use its Lua
> feature to fiddle with returning different values on a per/client basis.
> (Note: I said 'could'. :)

Could and do - as I don't have a better option for my current setup.

Authoritative server listening on private port - Internet firewall
forwards requests via NAT.
Recursor listening on :53 on LAN address - provides DNS for local hosts
and rewrites as needed via lua or forwards to authoritative.

--
Daniel