[Pdns-users] disable supermaster

Wed Jul 24 10:06:58 UTC 2013

Hi!

On our PDNS server we receive quite a lot of NOTIFYs from customers for
old/obsolete zones (the customer do not clean up properly).

This causes log entries like:

09:59:27 Received NOTIFY for example.at from 66.198.53.113 for which we
are not authoritative
09:59:52 Unable to find backend willing to host example.at for potential
supermaster 66.198.53.113

Although the supermasters table is empty, PDNS performs supermaster
checks (e.g. SOA lookups) before ignoring the NOTIFY.

Is it possible to disable the supermaster feature? Or this could be done
automatically if the supermasters table is empty.

regards
Klaus