[Pdns-users] GUI survey

John Miller johnmill at brandeis.edu
Wed Feb 6 19:34:30 UTC 2013

> Once we get the backup solution in place, we plan on writing our own front-end as part of a larger application. It will be in PHP.

I'd definitely be interested in seeing it!

> Assume such a piece of software exists. Also assume that when you buy it, you get the complete source code with it.
>
> What do you believe would be fair to sell such a piece of software for?
> How would you license it (per CPU; per seat; per number of hosts in the zone(s))?
> How much do you believe would be fair to charge for yearly support for such software?

A price of several thousand dollars US up front wouldn't be out of the
question for something like this, with a few different licensing levels
based on # zones and # rrsets.

Yearly support would have to be in the range of a thousand dollars or
two to justify us purchasing this.  Ideal would be a recurring
license/support like $1-2k yearly.

John