[Pdns-users] edns subnet response not as expected

David Hawthorne dsrthorne at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 20:36:39 UTC 2012

When I send a request with dig +client=123.123.123.123, I always get a response witha netmask of /1:

; CLIENT-SUBNET: 123.123.123.123/32/1

I can't find a way to change that /1 to something else.  Google returns a /19 there.  Shouldn't this be a configurable?

see more at: http://wilmer.gaa.st/edns-client-subnet/

I'm using the pipebackend, too, and I'm wondering if maybe the response from pipebackend could include the client-subnet response portion, so the netmask used in the response can be dynamic based on my own criteria.