[Pdns-users] Question about Query Cache

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Wed Dec 12 19:06:35 UTC 2012

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 10:58:20AM -0800, George Fawcett wrote:
> Hello pdns-users,
>
> I have a question about the query cache, does the query cache take in
> account the the requesting resolvers IP in the cache ?
> So that it caches the result for that particular resolver ?
> Meaning more of the same request will return the cached value ?

Hi George,

Is your question about the packet cache (which caches packets) or about the
query cache (which caches backend queries to the database)?

Also, about authoritative of recursor?

Please let me know so I can write the right answer!

	Bert

--
PowerDNS Website: http://www.powerdns.com/
PowerDNS Community Website: http://wiki.powerdns.com/