[Pdns-users] evaluating powerdns web frontends

Nick Milas nmilas at admin.noa.gr
Wed Oct 19 10:38:39 UTC 2011

On 19/10/2011 12:51 ΌΌ, Peter van Dijk wrote:

> What I am looking for:
> - any projects I missed

Check GOSA which supports LDAP backend.

> - any and all opinions on any of the projects above

Haven't used any (neither GOSA).

> - what information you would like to see in an overview of existing projects (I'm thinking of 'does it do mysql', 'does it do postgres', 'does it do users, resellers, etc.', 'what does it cost', 'how does it handle reverse DNS')

The info you mention is most important (i.e. backend support,
administrative user management and access policies, cost, reverse dns
handling). Add:

  * if they support IPv6 (forward and reverse),
  * CNAMEs
  * DNSSEC.
  * if they require major setup effort
  * main software requirements (e.g. php version, mysql version etc.)

Any and all reviews are very important!

Your effort is useful, anyway!

Thanks,
Nick