[Pdns-users] 3.0-RC2 crash on sending notify

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Fri May 27 07:39:19 UTC 2011

bert hubert wrote:
> On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 11:06:16PM -0400, Charles Sprickman wrote:
>> various values for loglevel from 5 all the way up to 999 and never saw
>> an increase in verbosity), so I tried launching powerdns from gdb, just
>> to see if I could get more of a hint about what was happening.  This is
>> what I see when running "pdns_control notify pdnsexample.com":
>
> I tried to reproduce here, and I don't see it. However, your error reporting
> is very convincing, so the problem is probably real.

Better to have buggy software than a buggy brain. :)

> Can you send me your pdns-test.db? That would make life a lot easier.

Sending right after I send this.

> Also, can you tell me which version of sqlite you compile against?

3.7.5 - built from FreeBSD ports, the resulting configure args were:

/configure --disable-tcl --enable-threadsafe --enable-load-extension
--prefix=/usr/local --mandir=/usr/local/man --infodir=/usr/local/info/
--build=i386-portbld-freebsd8.1

>> The one thing I see here that I didn't see in the log was the "Unable to
>> close down sqlite connection: 5" message.
>
> This is an error we used to let pass by w/o shutting down. It turns out that
> it causes subsequent unrelated problems if you do that, which is why we
> terminate immediately when we see this, so we get helpful email messages
> like this ;-)

I saw something about this when digging through trac last night...

>> Any ideas?  I understand 3.0 is not production yet, so I'm not sure how
>> much confidence to place in it - in other words, is this me or is this PDNS?
>
> It is powerdns in all likelihood. Please send a sqlite3 database that
> exhibits the problem.

Will do.

Thanks,

Charles