[Pdns-users] Status of the LDAP backend in 3.0 release

Nick Milas nmilas at admin.noa.gr
Sun May 15 09:47:57 UTC 2011

On 14/5/2011 10:12 μμ, bert hubert wrote:

> Well, you are proof that if you keep nagging you might get your way.
> 2193 has the fix for 313 suggested in that URL, it is building now.

Thanks, Bert. After all, you know that I am not just nagging, I have
invested *a lot* of time to prove the ldap backend is worth support and
do whatever I can to attract the community interest to it. I care for
the powerdns project.

I saw the 2193 tarball. I'll try to compile and test it tomorrow (Monday).

> If you make a script that sets up LDAP so that I can test, I'll see.
> But I'm
> not going to delve into anything, you need to get me something that after
> I've apt-get installed the ldap server it sets up a working powerdns
> environment.

OK Bert, it makes sense. I'll attempt to prepare something for you and
send it in the next couple of days.

If you have an RHEL/CentOS test server, it will be easier because all my
test and production environments use this OS and I can prepare something
more knowledgeably.

If you must use a debian-based system, please tell me the exact version
of the OS, so that I can examine the peculiarities related to the latest
openldap package available for that distro in its repos, to prepare a
package accordingly (it might take me more time).

Thanks,
Nick