[Pdns-users] FreeBSD port?

Ralf van der Enden tremere at cainites.net
Thu May 12 07:51:42 UTC 2011

Hi Charles,

I've been working on updating the powerdns-devel port on FreeBSD (as I'm
the maintainer). Unfortunately having a 10month old son really cuts into
my free time, which is mostly spend around him and my girlfriend.
So I haven't come around to submitting my work to the ports tree yet,
but my local version is working fine at the moment.

To make it available to daredevils like you (since pdns is  not final
yet) I've tar'd the port and put it online. You can download it here:

http://www.cainites.net/files/powerdns/

You should delete or rename the original /usr/ports/dns/powerdns-devel
and then unpack the tarball from /usr/ports

Everything else should work as you're used to with the regular port
(make config, install, etc.).
Quick note: the -devel port conflicts with the regular one, so you'll
need to deinstall dns/powerdns or use portmaster/portupgrade to move
from the regular port to devel!

Also, make sure to check out http://powerdnssec.org for information
regarding the new version, like DNSSEC mode (including necessary db
schema changes), release notes, etc.

Best regards,

Ralf van der Enden