[Pdns-users] PowerDNS + Redis, using PyPdnsRedis

Bjarni RĂșnar Einarsson bre at pagekite.net
Fri Mar 18 13:25:41 UTC 2011

Hello!

I just wanted to say thanks for PowerDNS and let you know that
uploaded to Github a Python pipe-backend for using Redis with
PowerDNS.  The script also serves as a command-line administration
tool and a library for updating DNS records from code.

I've been using this (under very light load) in production as the
back-end for the dynamic DNS component of pagekite.net for a few
months now, it seems to do the job just fine.  Googling for "Redis
PowerDNS" didn't show many hits, so I figured this might be a useful
contribution to the community.

Blog post: http://pagekite.net/2011-03-17/PyPdnsRedis_released
Github: https://github.com/pagekite/PyPdnsRedis/

Comments, patches, bug reports: all very welcome. :-)

--
Bjarni R. Einarsson
The Beanstalks Project ehf.

Making personal web-pages fly: http://pagekite.net/