[Pdns-users] PowerDNS and Different Configuration File

Php Coderator phpcoderator at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 18:12:34 UTC 2011

Hello all!

I have compiled latest stable version of PowerDNS and trying to run it with
gmysql extension. When I start it with the (modified) default configuration
file (which is under /usr/local/etc), everything is ok. However, when I use
a different configuration file (But exact same copy of the first one) using
--config-dir command line switch it raise an error:

bash-# pdns_server --config-dir=/etc/pdns/
Jun 23 21:08:33 Reading random entropy from '/dev/urandom'
Jun 23 21:08:33 Unable to launch, no backends configured for querying

Here is the output of pdns_server --version:
Version: 2.9.22, compiled on Jun 22 2011, 23:32:39 with gcc version 4.1.2
20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-46)

I have traced the output of two different cases but could not find any clue
related with problem. Any help will be appreciated.