[Pdns-users] Management of compiled (installed from source) pdns software

Nick Milas nmilas at admin.noa.gr
Fri Jul 22 06:37:03 UTC 2011

On 20/7/2011 9:54 πΌ, Nick Milas wrote:

> By the way, if compiling/installing from source, is there a way to do
> a complete uninstall (like "make uninstall")? That would be very
> useful in many scenarios.

Hi,

I have installed v3.0 build 2235 on a CentOS box from source.

How can I test final v3.0 RC3 as an RPM on the same box? Is it possible
to remove the compiled from source version before installing the RPM? How?

I don't think I should have both installed at the same time, as there
are filename/path differences.

Also, when building from source, should the build process be done as a
non-root user (as is generally recommended)?

Please help.

Thanks,
Nick