[Pdns-users] Failed to execute mysql_query, Unknown column 'auth' in 'field list'

Marc Haber mh+pdns-users at zugschlus.de
Tue Nov 16 17:28:22 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am currently playing around with powerdns from svn to investigate
misbehavior regarding incoming notifies. I have built the static
binary from today's svn on Debian unstable (linking to mysql client
5.1.49) and installed it on Debian stable (running a locally compiled
mysql server 5.1.49).

When I send powerdns a query, it doesn't reply and logs

  Backend error: Failed to execute mysql_query, perhaps connection died?
  Err=1: Unknown column 'auth' in 'field list'

Database password is correct (error message changes to 'access
denied') when I change the password in powerdns.conf. When I downgrade
to the powerdns-static binary that we usually run (2.9.22 release from
january 2009), it works.

Am I doing something wrong, did the MySQL protocol change or is this a
bug in current svn powerdns?

Greetings
Marc