[Pdns-users] Pb compiling pdns-recursor on CentOS 5.4

Laurent Papier papier at sdv.fr
Mon Mar 22 14:48:17 UTC 2010

Le Fri, 12 Mar 2010 16:41:25 +0000
Chris Sarginson <Chris.Sarginson at ukfast.co.uk> écrit:

> Download the latest version of the boost headers and untar it on your system.  You do not need to compile or install the new boost, just point the configure script to the location of the untarred file, and you should be able to compile and install.

this could be fine as long as you don't want to install pdns-recursor as a rpm
package. A good source rpm package must compile on the target system (here
CentOS 5.4) and should only depend on other rpm packages (not manually untarred
files).

As a recent enough boost package is not available for CentOS 5.4, the cleaner
solution I see is to add recent boost source directly in the source rpm. If
other people are interested, I could provide the rpm as soon as I have them
ready.

Regards.

PS: sorry, if I'm a little off topic with all those rpm specific stuff.
--
Laurent Papier - 03 88 75 80 50
Admin. système - SdV Plurimedia - <http://www.sdv.fr/>