[Pdns-users] PDNS doesn't feel authoritative?

Chris lists at proquariat.de
Thu Feb 11 12:59:27 UTC 2010

bert hubert wrote:
> That works pretty well, as long as you don't use CNAMEs that point to
> domains that *do* exist.
> This feature may help:
>
> "If you want to create such fake domains or override existing domains,
> please
> set the allow-recursion-override feature (available as of 2.9.14)."

My CNAMEs do point to my fake domain. But still no success with
allow-recursion-override, here's the head of my new config:

allow-recursion=127.0.0.1 , 10.0.0.0/8
recursor=213.73.91.35
allow-recursion-override=yes

Where the recursor is some nameserver on the internet that's not mine.

Now, when I do a dig @10.20.30.42 hier.foo.bar (which has a cname to
'hallo.foo.bar.') pdns apparently hands over that request to the
recursor, which of cause can't resolve that domain and eventually pdns
returns with NXDOMAIN.