[Pdns-users] PDNS and external CNAME

Nick Milas nmilas at admin.noa.gr
Thu Dec 16 17:45:15 UTC 2010

Hi,

We are using powerdns authoritative (latest version: 2.9.22) with ldap
backend and recursor latest version (3.3).

CNAME to external hosts works fine.

This is the record:

    dn: dc=myhost,dc=example.com,ou=dns,dc=example,dc=com
    objectClass: dNSDomain2
    objectClass: domainRelatedObject
    dc: myhost
    associatedDomain: myhost.example.com
    cNAMERecord: externalhost.example.net

And this is how it looks like in conventional notation (as it appears in
an AXFR):

    myhost.example.com. 86400 IN CNAME externalhost.example.net.

Nick