[Pdns-users] Commnets when adding or modifyin zone records?

Kenneth Kalmer kenneth.kalmer at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 09:43:45 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 8:56 PM, Michael Klatsky <michaelk at tnrglobal.com>wrote:

> One of our requirements in deploying Power DNS is the ability to
> included notes, or comments with each modification of a zone, or when
> adding a zone. Comments would be short but include a concise description
> of the change, and the initials of the person making the change.
>
> Has this been done before or is this a feature that has been included in
> one of the GUI interfaces?

Hi Michelle

The PowerDNS on Rails (http://kennethkalmer.github.com/powerdns-on-rails/)
GUI is half way there for you. Each zone does have editable comments, and
all changes are audited and the audits are easily browseable.

As for comments with each change, I think that is a great idea. I've logged
a ticket in Lighthouse so I can implement this in the near future (
http://kennethkalmer.lighthouseapp.com/projects/11831-powerdns-on-rails/tickets/68-optional-comments-for-changes
)

Kind regards

--