[Pdns-users] Problem with notifies for a domain - the server that sends notification sometimes is and sometimes is not a master.

Pawel Sawicki pjs at pjs.name
Sun Aug 31 03:18:04 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 12:05 AM, Brendan Oakley <gentux2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Not sure why it would say it is not the master when it is, but the
> note that it is up to date means the serial on the slave is higher
> than the one on the master.

Nope, the serials are the same. I've double checked that - zones are
in sync. And if something changes the master has a higher serial.

> Compare the serials to confirm. In fact
> you might want to post the SOA lines from both the master and the
> slave, it might reveal something.

SOA records are ok IMO (domain is example.com, dns is on a different
domain - but that's nothing fancy):

@       10800   SOA     ns.example.net. dns.example.net. 2008010108 172800 43200
3600000 86400

The serial is not YYYYMMDDNN, but it gets increased with every change.

I'll rephrase myself - sometimes the notify is accepted (and produces
a message that both zones are in sync, which is ok) and some other
times it gets rejected for no apparent reason.

Is there anything I could do to clear things up?

Cheers,
--
··· Paweł J. Sawicki
My blog: http://pjs.name/