[Pdns-users] root server

Stefan Schmidt stefan.schmidt at freenet.ag
Tue Apr 15 16:17:04 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 08:14:26AM +0200, bert hubert wrote:
> > I just wonder where the file is with root servers IP addresses that should
> > be used by pdns-recursor?
>
> The default is in the binary image itself; you can overrule it with the
> hint-file setting.
>
> 3.1.5 has correct IP addresses built in, 3.1.4 has one outdated address.

If you would rather have this configurable you can generate your own root-hints
file like this:
dig @a.root-servers.net ns . +bufsiz=4000 > my.hint.file
or download it from
ftp://ftp.internic.net/domain/named.root or
ftp://ftp.internic.net/domain/named.cache
and then off course specify it in the recursor.conf.

	Stefan
--
rio_dprintk (RIO_DEBUG_ROUTE, "LIES! DAMN LIES! %d LIES!\n",Lies);
        linux-2.6.6/drivers/char/rio/rioroute.c