[Pdns-users] Re: "Parsing record content: Data field in DNS should start with quote" on TXT/SPF records

Duane duane at e164.org
Fri Sep 21 00:11:39 UTC 2007

Julian Mehnle wrote:
> bert hubert wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 07:23:44PM +0000, Julian Mehnle wrote:
>>> all of a sudden, I am having trouble with TXT or SPF records in
>>> PowerDNS 2.9.21 (on Debian).  I repeatedly get the following errors
>>> in syslog:
>> Do you use the debian package? There is specific support in PowerDNS to
>> either support bare TXT records, or records between quotes.
>>
>> So this should not be happening.
>
> Yes, I am using the vanilla Debian package (2.9.21-2).
>
> How can I control this support for bare vs. quoted TXT records?  Is it
> supposed to be automatic?

It's not just the TXT records I upgraded recently to the deb packages on
powerdns.com and it kept breaking on NAPTR records as well in the end I
gave up and fixed rsync properly so I don't have a problem and I don't
have complete zone transfers now either ;)

--

Best regards,
 Duane

http://www.freeauth.org - Enterprise Two Factor Authentication
http://e164.org - Because e164.arpa is a tax on VoIP

"In the long run the pessimist may be proved right,
    but the optimist has a better time on the trip."