[Pdns-users] Split-horizon (BIND Views)

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Tue Sep 5 15:47:04 UTC 2006

The view we hold is that 'views' make a nameserver needlessly complicated
inside. As we aim to keep PowerDNS a simple and secure server, we've decided
not to implement views.

We do note that you can run two instances of PowerDNS though. They are both
free.

Sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

> visitors. I do this in BIND by setting up different views based on
> source IP address.

The pipe backend does make this possible though, although it might be a bit
much work for just one host. It probably requires 30 lines of perl.

Good luck!