[Pdns-users] Domain Forwarding

Nico van Royen nico at van-royen.nl
Tue May 16 20:53:49 UTC 2006

We also had some difficulty at first with the URL record and solved it on a different way.

  Basicly we put 2 records, both an A and URL record like:

www.yourdomain.com A 193.238.25.218    86400
www.yourdomain.com URL  http://web.someisp.com/~myname/site  86400  The A record points to a webserver that listens on a dedicated IP. In  the webroot we placed and index.php scripts that looks for the  $_SERVER[HTTP_HOST] string in the request. It then looks into the  powerdns mysql db for the URL record and does a " header("Location:  $destination"); " to redirect the user.

  Regards,
  Nico van Royen
  _____