[Pdns-users] Features: ACLs (for AXFR et al), configurable SQL queries

Alexander List alexlist at sbox.tu-graz.ac.at
Thu May 4 14:17:49 UTC 2006

bert hubert wrote:

>On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 05:27:42PM +0100, AJ McKee wrote:
>

>>>* ACLs for zone transfers and for queries (allow-xfer, allow-query)
>>>

>>This is indeed a nice idea, Bert is this possible?
>>

>2.9.21 will see the zone transfers.

Great!

>If anybody can show me a valid need for
>query limiting, I'll consider it.

Tho not my top priority, I had such a scenario in the past.

Imagine you have one DNS serving "public" and "private" zones - you
might want to restrict queries for the "private" zones to certain IP
ranges. I can't tell if this has a huge performance impact - it just
came to my mind because I've been using it with BIND9.

Alex