[Pdns-users] Two questions about powerdns

Derrik Pates demon at devrandom.net
Mon Jan 23 00:06:04 UTC 2006

bert hubert wrote:
>>+// Implementing this as an alternative to my previous tactic, as suggested
>>+// by Bert. This would be easier if I could just call the superclass method...
>>+bool GSQLBackend::getSOA(const string &domain, SOAData &sd, DNSPacket *p)
>

> Try calling DNSBackend::getSOA(domain, sd, p) from GSQLBackend::getSOA().

I would have to retool it; if I just call DNSBackend::getSOA() it'll (a)
stomp all over what I set (if I try to set the serial value first) or
(b) there'll be no way to know for sure if the serial number should be
autocalculated since it'll put the current time in the SOA data
structure (if I try to set the serial value afterward). If there was a
separate method for computing the serial number, then I can see it
working (as each subclass can override the broken autoserial stuff or
just setting the current time as the serial number with its own code).
Thoughts?

> Thanks for keeping this patch around.

I might not have, if not for the fact that we're using it in production
at my work.

--
Derrik Pates
demon at devrandom.net