[Pdns-users] Heading up to 3.0 release of PowerDNS recursor

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Mon Apr 17 00:19:01 UTC 2006

Dear PowerDNS users,

The PowerDNS recursor has become a hit it appears, suddenly powering over 2
million internet connections!

I think I know why, but it is pleasing in any case. Many thanks are due to
xs4all (Erik and Kai in specific) for making this possible.

With so many users, I felt obliged to make vast improvements to the
recursor. Briefly:

	- best of breed spoofing prevention
	- use of 'epoll' and 'kqueue' to make this prevention fast
	- unique spoofing detection
	- SMP support (--fork)
	- improved performance

The 3.0 release is almost ready, I've made 3.0-pre2 available on:

           http://svn.powerdns.com/pdns-recursor-3.0-pre2.tar.bz2

Please read the README for important instructions!

WARNING: this version only serves 127.0.0.1 by default! So pay attention to
the --local-address and --allow-from settings!

Please let me know any problems you experience ASAP, the 3.0 release is
around the corner!

Kind regards,

bert hubert