[Pdns-users] PDNS - Mysql

Mark Martin ops1 at frontierbroadband.com
Sun Oct 23 20:18:30 UTC 2005

Lukas Beeler wrote:

>* Mark Martin <ops1 at frontierbroadband.com>:
>

>>Is the Mysql a 'completely' 'NATIVE' domain type or does it support,
>>'MASTER' and 'SLAVE'
>>types when it comes to inserting domain records.
>>
>>Can anyone advise/confirm?
>>

>gmysql supports both, and both work like a charm.

Guess a better question is syntactically, i.e. I am on bind 9 backend, I
have master and slave
servers.   There is a unique key on the name in the domains table, so if
one had a master and
a slave server, wouldn't one put in a 'MASTER', and it's IP address (the
master server),
and a 'SLAVE' entry and it's IP address (the slave server)?  The unique
key on the 'name' field
does not allow this (I also understand that really, one does not have a
slave in the same since
as BIND, since the mysql back with replication is in effect the
'slave').  More than anything
I need clarification on is the 'sql' syntax for making these entries.

Thanks in advance.