[Pdns-users] MySQL custom schema

Devraj Mukherjee servers at eternitytechnologies.com
Tue Mar 1 08:14:54 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I am quite new to PowerDNS and am trying to implement it using a MySQL
backend. I am following the documentation provided on the powerdns.com web
site and have managed to get it up and running.

I am writing a custom web tool to manage my domain names for my servers,
and require to add a few new columns to the table. Also if it is possible
I would like the change the names of the existing columns for it to make
more sense to me and also further the integration with my Postfix
installation which also uses the same MySQL database.

My question is, is it possible to specify to PowerDNS the names of the
columns that it should look for, or is that fixed?

Thanks in advance to any takers for my question.

Regards,
Devraj

--
Devraj Mukherjee <servers at eternitytechnologies.com>
System Administration Group, Eternity Technologies Pty. Ltd.