[Pdns-users] PDNS high load best practices

Norbert Sendetzky norbert at linuxnetworks.de
Sun Jul 24 12:27:52 UTC 2005

On Saturday 23 July 2005 04:05, AJ McKee wrote:
> I would not mind building and testing out solutions and documenting them
> and publishing them on the trac wiki. If you want you can mail me off list
> with information/pointers/gotchas in confidence so that you won't disclose
> any information you don't want to.

I would be very interested to see some benchmark figures between the backends
and tried to start testing a year ago (I think) - but nobody else seemed to
be interested at that time.

> My aim here is to collate all the information that is already there, along
> with your experiences and solutions to produce a definitive howto to
> complement the existing documentation on the above. If someone is already
> doing this, them please feel free to draft me in to help a bit. Otherwise,
> what do you all think? If you think its worth doing then I will do it. But
> I will need your input.

All my experience with the LDAP backend is collected in the Wiki
(http://wiki.linuxnetworks.de/index.php/PowerDNS_ldapbackend) and you and
anybody else is invited to contribute your experience.

Thanks

Norbert
--
OpenPGP public key