[Pdns-users] domain types

Søren Boll Overgaard pdns at fork.dk
Fri May 14 14:41:49 UTC 2004

Hi,

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 10:36:09AM -0400, Bob Lockie wrote:
> What are the different domain types, 'NATIVE', 'MASTER', 'SLAVE'?
>
> I assume master is the typical master that responds to zone transfer
> requests from a slave?
> Native uses the database replication ability of the backend and only
> updates other native (slaves) when the database is replicated?
>
> Is my answer the correct one to my question?

Could you please do everyone a favor and read the manual. It is both
comprehensive, well written and useful.
It's available at http://rtfm.powerdns.com/index.html and covers (among loads
of other things) the answer to your question.
Hint: search for the word "master" in the index.

--
Søren O.                                           ,''`.
                                                   : :' :