[Pdns-users] Secondary MX

MrDemeanour mrdemeanour at jackpot.uk.net
Fri Mar 26 12:05:49 UTC 2004

bert hubert wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 09:19:45AM +0000, MrDemeanour wrote:
>

>> I have a second question (which might not relate specifically to
>> PDNS): how can I set up my domain so that http://mydomain.net
>> points to the same address as http://www.mydomain.net? If I set up
>> an A record for mydomain.net, that's all that PDNS will serve for
>> the domain, even if I ask for ANY record. As a consequence, my DNS
>> would be broken - no NS records, no MX records.
>

> This story sounds like you setup a CNAME record instead of an A
> record.

Negative, Captain. The record I used was an A record. A dig on the
domain was returning a single record - the A record - and was resolving
the IP address correctly.

I did at one point try a CNAME, but that didn't work either; and anyway,
I believe CNAME is deprecated for the purpose of aliasing hosts within a
single domain.

--
Jack.