[Pdns-users] master slave issue

Lorens Kockum lorens-pdns-3987 at tagged.lorens.org
Wed Jun 9 21:35:58 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 08:58:25PM +0200, R Jansen wrote:
> Isn't it possible with powerdns to use a specific source ip-address when
> sending notifies or am I missing something else here?

As you have noted

	local-address=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

is not sufficient, you must add

	query-local-address=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

With that, other than missing some notifies when I update 600
domains at once, pdns runs like a charm.

I humbly submit that if local-address is set but not
query-local-address, then query-local-address should default to
the value given for local-address...

If not then it would be nice to have the option documented in
pdns.conf, it took me some time to find out what was going
wrong, whereas if any one of the two above suggestions had been
implemented, I wouldn't have felt there was a problem.

BTW (since I'm starting to make suggestions :-)) the man page
for pdns_control that came with my debian sarge packages is
missing the "notify" command, which I find useful in correcting
missing notifies.

HAND
--
#include <std_disclaim.h>                          Lorens Kockum