[Pdns-users] sudden load spikes

Eric Hendrickson eric at iophase.com
Thu Dec 9 02:56:58 UTC 2004

I have about 2 million records in a mysql database. Everything's been
working beautifully until today. Suddenly pdns jumps to 99.9 percent CPU
when the query load gets up to more than 15 or so queries/sec. I've
never had this problem before with loads up to 100 or so queries/sec.
and a similar number of database entries.

We add about 500 to 700 A records daily and I'm wondering if we've
reached some sort of limit with MySQL/pdns. When q/sec is low, I get
response very rapidly but it quickly falls apart as q/sec goes up.

Right now I'm only answering about 20 of my queries. Ouch.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

-Eric