Nonsstop problems Re: [Pdns-users] migrating from bind

Steven J. Sobol sjsobol at JustThe.net
Sat Jun 14 21:16:27 UTC 2003

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003, Craig Sanders wrote:

> please CC: any replies to me as i am not yet subscribed to this list.
>
> i'm seriously considering migrating at least some of my DNS servers from
> bind to powerdns.

I did, with the intent of using the Bind backend and eventually migrating
to the SQL backend.

I have had no end of trouble with PDNS just simply deciding not to serve
certain zones, and it's gotten to the point where I'm ready to go back to
Bind even though that means having to install security updates every other
month.

I will attempt to discuss the problem here and get it solved. I hope I do.
PowerDNS looks really cool. But I can't have a nameserver just stop
serving zones for people paying me to serve them.

--
Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge, JustThe.net
POTS: Toll Free from anywhere in the USA or Canada, 888.480.4NET (4638)