[Pdns-users] migrating from bind

bert hubert ahu at ds9a.nl
Sat Jun 14 10:08:04 UTC 2003

On Sat, Jun 14, 2003 at 06:28:47PM +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:

> unfortunately, the XDB back-end is essentially undocumented.  anyone know
> where i can find some docs for it?  with docs, i can write a zone2tdb tool
> (possibly based on zone2sql) that takes a bind zonefile as input and
> creates a tdb output file.

Currently, the xdb backend has some inherent limitations. One thing it
doesn't deal with currently is being a slave, you'd need to retrieve zones
yourself every once in a while.

Can you show me a bit of the zone you are dealing with?

> PS: has anyone else noticed that the bind and bind2 back-ends are case
> sensitive?  "IN A" records work, but "IN a" or "in a" don't.  i guess that
> it's case sensitive for other record types too but didn't bother testing,
> i just cleaned up my zone file by writing a tiny sed script that
> uppercased all record types.

I think I did this to get some other zones working that had 'in' as a
hostname or so.

Regards,

bert