[Pdns-users] Multi-homed DNS?

bdushok at luzerne.edu bdushok at luzerne.edu
Fri Aug 29 14:11:34 UTC 2003

Damian,

        That's exactly what I was trying to do :)  I've bound two IP
addresses to my DNS server and created two instances of pdns, each
listening to a different IP.  I've also create two databases within the
backend, one containing internal (private) addresses an the other with
public addresses.

        Internally I have our clients accessing the "internal dns" ip of
our DNS server.  I use NAT to allow external hosts to access the second
address (for external queries) on the server.

        Chapter 8 in the Power DNS manual lists how to setup virtual
hosts.  You'll basically follow those docs to create the two instances.
Let me know if you have questions.

        Bob