[Pdns-users] Update notify

Dan Durrer dan at vitalwerks.com
Tue Apr 8 22:28:03 UTC 2003

Are there any plans to have some type of update notification mechanism.
Perhaps something like binds dynamic update.  This would eliminate the
kludgey use of pdns_control purge. I do understand that mysql
replication works great for getting the data to the other dns servers.
Its just seems to me that there could be a better way of telling the
nameservers that we have changed the records. Perhaps an additional
service that ran that the slaves listen to for global pdns_control
commands..   As is the packet cache doesn't work great for systems with
large amounts of dynamic data.  Thoughts anyone?

Dan