[Pdns-dev] Custom backend module : internal function to resolve some name

GAVARRET, David david.gavarret at sfr.com
Wed Jan 12 23:33:45 CET 2011

Hi !

I'm currently working on a custom backend module for some specific needs. For the "lookup" function algorithm, I need to resolve some external domain name (totaly unrelated to the current domain lookup). For now I use the "gethostbyname" C++ function.
But I wonder if, instead of depending on the system resolver, I could use some internal function of PowerDNS ... I tried to understand the different parts of the code, but did not find yet the right function to use.

Does anyone already had that kind of need and have an example ?

Thanks in advance :)

--
David