[Pdns-dev] PowerDNSSEC real early version available for testing!

Leen Besselink leen at consolejunkie.net
Thu Apr 22 02:21:53 CEST 2010

On 04/21/2010 04:17 PM, bert hubert wrote:
> Dear PowerDNS people,

Hi Bert,

It's really good to see you are making progress.

> On http://wiki.powerdns.com/trac/wiki/PDNSSEC you will find the newest
> version of PowerDNS with DNSSEC support built in. This version is
> tentatively called 'PowerDNS Authoritative Server 3.0-pre', to signify its
> pre-release status, but also to make it clear that DNSSEC will be part of
> the mainline PowerDNS.
>
> The status of PowerDNSSEC is that it is interesting to look at, and
> functional enough to experiment with. It is not suitable for production, nor
> is PowerDNSSEC guaranteed to remain compatible with its current
> configuration form.
>
> However, the good news is that signing a DNSSEC zone is now as simple as
> entering 'pdnssec sign-zone powerdnssec.org'. Any changes to your zone are
> automatically re-signed, there is no need to do anything by hand.
>
> However, please study http://wiki.powerdns.com/trac/wiki/PDNSSEC for
> cautions on what will work and what does not work right now!

When I tested this on Ubuntu Karmic everything seemed to work,
but dig did not say OK.

I'm still new to DNSSEC so I may have done something wrong, I can
send you the keys-directory, a pcap, version-information, etc. if you
think it's related to Ubuntu Karmic.

But first I want to give it an other go tomorrow and see if I can
understand the cause myself.