[Pdns-dev] Help with Bison parser for BIND named.conf (allow-query)

Brendan Oakley gentux2 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 13:58:12 CEST 2007

Hello,

I have successfully written a patch for the BIND backend which
restricts queries based on a list of "allowed" subnets, in the same
way the dnsproxy enforces such restrictions. But I am completely
unfamiliar with Bison, and I do not find it as easy as advertised, so
I really do not know how to go about parsing the allow-query parameter
in the named.conf. Is it possible someone could help me do this? I am
only necessarily interested in finding it in the context of a
particular zone, for example:

zone "secretsubnet.mydomain.com" in {
     type master;
     file "/var/named/secretsubnet.mydomain.com";
     allow-query {
                          123.456.789.0/24;
                          10.0.0.0/8;
                          };
     };

I was hoping to use the masters parser as an example to base it on,
but I just do not understand how it goes together, and the Bison docs
are too general. I hope such an open-ended request for help is not too
unreasonable.

Thanks.
Brendan