[Pdns-dev] Patch Packet Cache be able to store multiple results for Query Cache

mital.v mital.v at directi.com
Mon Dec 24 14:28:36 CET 2007

Hie Ahu,

      I am sending you the patch for making the PacketCache store
multiple values.(inside CacheContent)
I have used the list <string> data structure instead of string inside
the CacheContent class.
Please analyze my patch and let me know if any bug is there in the
patch. I am also waiting for any  suggestions / improvement in my code
patch.
     My code patch is for version 2.9.21.

     Secondly, I have found one problem in the Packet Cache. It gives me
packetcache miss even if I am having that content inside the cache. It
iterates through the whole process of going to backend and storing
results in packet cache again So I am getting the same value for
packetcache inserted again.

       It happens only for limited number of records out of my test to
110K records. It also produces randomly means that in each newer test
run I am getting that packetcache miss for different records everytime.

      In the pdns-2.9.21 trunk the value field of CacheContent
(cvalue_t) is flatly overwritten by the new values inside the
*PacketCache::Insert(key, packet, ttl) *function.Thats why you might not
have noticed the problem. Please reply if my findings are valid or not.

Throughout the process I have the cache-ttl, query-cache-ttl, and
negquery-cache-ttl as 1000000.

Thanking you,
Mital Vora.